Saturday 13 March 2010

Classic Music

As the Friday Five feature from a few weeks ago was so well received (there were so many comments I couldn't keep up with them all) that I've decided to make it a regular posting. If for some unfathomable reason you didn't catch that blog - firstly why didn't you, you can't have anything better to do & secondly there's a link at the top of the page for goodness sake - it included links to some of my current favourite music videos. For this posting I'm going to link to some more music videos but with a little twist, rather than new music its going to be classic music, well at least classic music to me.


  1. Tori Amos - Cornflake Girl - Live performance of Cornflake Girl in Chicago 2003. The track that brought her to my attention & still one of my favourite songs.
  2. Babyface - How Come, How Long - Off the multi award winning album The Day this collaboration with Stevie Wonder is a fabulous song which also projects an important message.
  3. Oasis - Cast No Shadow - Written by Noel Gallagher in honour of Verve frontman Richard Ashcroft. A really exceptional song from an outstanding album. If (What's the Story) Morning Glory? is not in your record collection then there's something seriously wrong with you.
  4. The Verve - Lucky Man - Talking of Richard Ashcroft this uplifting song is one of my favourites off the Verve's Urban Hymns album. The Verve have had turbulent career & are currently disbanded but even in their short recording history they have produced plenty of great music.
  5. R. Kelly - Religious Love - This song brings back memories of many a morning spent at university. This sony was played incessantly by one of my roomates as we woke up in the morning, which as students was always very early! And though you'd think that it would get old pretty soon it's still one my favourite R. Kelly songs. 
  6. Smashing Pumpkins - Tonight, Tonight  - This rather strange video doesn't detract from an excellent song. From the superbly named Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness album released in 1995.
  7. Lisa Loeb - Stay (I Missed You) - The immensely talented Lisa Loeb provides us with video number 7 with Stay (I Missed You), it's good to see I'm not the only one who has a bracket problem.
  8. Beautiful South - A Little Time - This video is reminiscent of a typical day at the Gladstone household, though I can promise everyone no teddy bears are hurt in the process. From the 1990 album Choke.
  9. Various Artists - Perfect Day - This cover of Lou Reed's Perfect Day was the music video for BBC Children in Need back in 1997. With a range of pop stars plus Bono.
  10. Robert Miles - Children - I'll finish with this track from musician Robert Miles. A smash hit in 1995 right across Europe (I've realised quite a few of this selection are from this year). 
A fairly diverse group of songs that might well revive some old memories for you, though hopefully only good ones.  

No comments:

Post a Comment