- Paper Thin - I'll kick off with a link to my favourite band at the moment, In-Flight Safety. A Canadian indie rock band they have been around for several years but surprisingly have had only limited success. This track is called Paper Thin & is from their current album We Are An Empire, my dear.
- Time of the Assassins - A song from Charlotte Gainsbourg latest album IRM. A mellow almost haunting song that really plays to the singers strength. The album was the result of a collaboration with Beck, with the American singer-songwriter producing & writing the majority of the songs.
- Gold Mine - The new song from Belgian (yes that's right I said Belgian) indie band Showstar. The song is in English & from the album Think Ringo. I've listened to a couple of songs from the album & it does have a noticeable Beatles/Brit Pop feel to it. From what I've heard so far this is one album that wil be on my list of definite purchases.
- Falling from the Sun - A real soulful mellow song that just has oodles of atmosphere. You could listen to this song all day & not get tired of it. From the album 'A Chorus of Storytellers'.
- Too Late - I'll finish off with the latest song from Chelsea Lee & collaborators Trustfall. Just 18, Lee's incredibly mature voice will surprise & delight you at the same time. She's only released a handful of tracks but I could have pretty much used anyone of them here. Lastly the video seems perfectly designed for the YouTube age.
Friday, 26 February 2010
A slight alteration on this weeks favourite links, which as you can see has been re-named Friday Five. As I've mentioned previously I'm a big music fan and as I haven't had the opportunity to do a music related entry so far, this weeks post will link to five favourite music videos.