Thursday 4 February 2010

Writing is Fun

I wrote a little bit yesterday about what you can expect to find in this blog but I did not touch on my reasons for starting it. Now you may or may not feel that this is relevant but hopefully it will add to your appreciation of this blog. 

First & foremost I have a passion for writing. It is something I have always enjoyed doing. Whether that be writing about sports (which is often) or composing short stories (which is almost never). In the past any writing ambitions would have, more often than not, remained private. Fortunately today thanks to the power of the internet that is not the case, and as a result people like me can inflict upon the world the full wonder of their stupidity. However whatever the reaction to my observations this blog will always be about personal pleasure. So if no-one but my mum reads this or even if everyone thinks it is the dumbest thing to hit the internet since this, I don't care. I'm doing this for my own enjoyment & if anyone else derives some benefit from it than that's a bonus.

Obviously I do hope that this blog proves to be a valuable resource for people and that everyone enjoys their time visiting the site. At the same time I'm sure I will benefit greatly from the interaction with all the readers of Underneath the Stars*. And I look forward to being continually corrected by all of you regarding my bigoted views, spelling/punctuation errors & inaccurate facts.

* I'm contractually obliged to mention the title at least once per blog 

Another reason for starting this blog is that I believe I have some interesting things to say. A lot of the subjects that I will be writing about are close to my heart. I have followed, learnt & understood a great deal about all these topics. Therefore I believe I am in a position to offer some insight into them.

Plus I'm hoping to finally find someone who agrees with my brilliant positions. And when I do it will be 'in your faces time' for everyone whoever called me a delusional nut. I'm looking forward to that very much.

One last thing to mention is that the blog will be updated on a regular basis. My intention is for a daily post though this may not always be possible. At the moment I don't have any specific ideas on running regular spots beyond possibly TV show reviews so at the beginning the blog may seem a little untidy. Though in time I'm hoping it will take on a more structured feel. 

For all of you that have made it to the end well done. Take the day off, you deserve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment